207-364-4576 • Fax 207-364-5642
Select Page

Liquor License

The State of Maine approves Liquor Licenses with local approval from the Board of Selectpersons. Applications are available on the State of Maine’s website at www.maine.gov by typing in the search area, “How to get a Liquor License.” The application must be printed, completed in full and submitted to the Town Manager’s Office with the application fee each year. An additional fee is required if a Special Amusement Permit is also desired. The Liquor License application must be approved locally and signed by the Board of Selectpersons before it can be submitted to the State of Maine.

Anyone applying for a Liquor License must have an inspection by the Town of Rumford Code Officer prior to approval by the Board of Selectpersons. Special Amusement Permit Applicants must also have been inspected by the State Fire Marshal’s Office with a certificate of inspection submitted to the Town Manager’s Office. Applications must be received by the Town Manager’s Office two months prior to the expiration date of any current license holder so that any violations that are found during inspection can be corrected before the current license expires.