207-364-4576 • Fax 207-364-5642
Select Page

Welcome to the Town of Rumford, Maine

The present town of Rumford was settled as New Pennacook in 1774 as a farming community and became incorporated as Rumford in 1800. Since that time it has become the business center of the region with the ND Paper Company as its largest employer.

Rumford is a beautiful area filled with trees, streams and mountains. The Androscoggin River flows through the town and features a series of spectacular waterfalls. Together they have a total drop of 176 feet making it the highest drop east of the Niagara Falls. (more…)